|Home||About Us||Aims||Curriculum||Pastoral||Post 16||ALC||Extra Curricular||Calendar||News||Downloads||Contact Us||VLE||MySchool|
All pupils will have the opportunity to develop initial ICT skills that are now taught at KS2. Amongst others there will be units in Multimedia Presentation, Handling Information, Modelling using Spreadsheets, Wikis, Working with images, Website Design, and Information Management.
Depending on the option chosen pupils will choose from either the Entry level or Full GCSE course.
As part of the Full GCSE pupils will complete coursework elements in Multimedia Presentation, Databases, Spreadsheets, Internet, Reports, and Website Design. Combined these units are worth 60% of the total marks. The remaining 40% is accounted for in the terminal examination.
As part of the Entry level course pupils will complete coursework elements in Databases, Word Processing, Modelling using Spreadsheets and the use of Email and Websites. There is also a terminal examination.
Within the school we offer AS and A2 Applied ICT using OCR. Students will cover 3 units each year.
At AS level students will study units in Using ICT to communicate, How Organisations use ICT, ICT Solutions for Individuals and Society.
As part of the A2 course students will complete units in Numerical Modelling using Spreadsheets, Working to a Brief, and Developing and Creating Websites.